1. It was very _____ of you to start your own business.
2. The Indian wars greatly _____ the dangers of frontier life.
3. So far _____ taking my advice, he went and did just what I warned him against.
4. To be an inventer, one needs profound knowledge as well as a very _____ imagination.
5. The person who _____ this type of reform deserves our praise.
6. A good way to ________ a language is to live in the native culture with the native speakers.
A. require B. acquire e
C. inquire D. sustain
7. A great many people are often willing to sacrifice higher pay for the _________ of becoming white collar workers.
A. privilege B. advantage
C. profit D. preference
8. A hush fell over the guests who had _________ for the wedding celebration.
A. assembled B. participated
C. attended D. summoned
9. A Korean manufacturer has _________ us a price ten percent lower than yours.
A. referred B. offered
C. gave D. told
10. A landing on Mars is within the _________ of current physical theory.
A. dimension B. volume
C. magnitude D. scope